I have always been a fan of baking with whole wheat. A few weeks back I was determined to find/create the perfect chocolate chip cookie. I also wanted to create a "healthier" cookie. Okay, how healthy can cookies really be? Several of you have requested the recipe and my husband has now dubbed me the "Cookie Queen". Anyways here is what I came up with; enjoy. This is my idea of the perfect chocolate chip cookie. I wont be offended if you think otherwise!!! 1 1/4 cup flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 (1 1/2 sticks) cup butter, room temp
1 1/4 cup Brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1/2 cup quick cooking oats (reg. works fine, just place in food processor to grind)
1 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (nothing but the best!)
Preheat 350. Stir flour, baking soda, & salt. In large bowl cream butter and sugar until light. Beat in vanilla and egg. Gradually add flour mixture. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
Bake 9-11 minutes.
Introducing Genevieve Noelle Easton
September 15th... 7lbs5oz